Mahnaz Pistachio Roasted Premium 250g
Pistachio Roasted A 250gPistachios are tiny, but pack a powerful nutritional punch. These small nuts contain protein, fiber and a wealth of vitamins and minerals. Adding pistachios to your healthy eating plan might also benefit your heart. Many pistachios are roasted to make it more delicious to be consume. Pistachios are a very high quality plant source of protein, providing adequate and balanced amounts of essential amino acids. In addition, pistachios are relatively high in a nonessential amino acid, arginine, which may play a potential role in prevention or reduction of cardiovascular disease.Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer Wonderfully delicious pistachio nuts have long been revered as the symbol of wellness and robust health since ancient times. The kernels are enriched with many health-benefiting nutrients essential for optimum health. Pistachio actually are kernels obtained from fruits belonging to the Anacardiaceae family, in the genus: Pistacia. The plant is a medium sized broad, bushy, dioecious, deciduous tree, believed to have originated in the mountain ranges of West-Asia and Turkey region. Several cultivars exist; however, the most popular variety grown for commercial purposes is kerman.
Health benefits of Pistachios
- Pistachios are delicious tree nuts recognized for their wholesome nutrition properties. Together with walnuts,almonds, and cashew, they offer good sources of protein, fats, and minerals to inhabitants living around otherwise dry and arid regions of Central, West and South Asia.
- Pistachios are rich source of energy; 100 g of kernels carry 557 calories. Additionally, they compose good amounts of mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and antioxidants. Regular consumption of pistachios in the diet may help lowering total as well as bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol levels within the blood. Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet which is rich in dietary-fiber, mono-unsaturated fatty acids, and antioxidants can help reduce coronary artery disease and stroke risk by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- Pista kernels are rich source of many anti-oxidant phyto-chemical substances such as carotenes, vitamin E, and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds. Research studies suggest that these compounds may help remove toxic free-radicals from the body, and thus, protect it from diseases, cancers, and infections.
- Pistachios are excellent sources of vitamin-E; especially rich in gamma-tocopherol; compose about 23 g per100 g. vitamin E is a powerful lipid-soluble antioxidant essential for maintaining the integrity of cell membranes of mucosa and skin. In addition, vitamin E too works as scavengers of harmful Free oxygen radicals.
- The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
- They are the storehouse of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium. 100 g nuts provide 144% of daily-recommended levels of copper. Copper is an essential trace mineral that is required in neuro-transmission, metabolism, as well as red blood cell (RBC) prodution.
- Pistachio oil extracted from kernels is one of the healthiest cooking oils. It has pleasent nutty aroma and possess excellent emollient properties. It helps keep skin well protected from dryness. Besides been used in cooking, it is also employed as “carrier or base oil” in traditional medicines in massage therapy, aromatherapy, in pharmaceutical, and in cosmetic industry.
Write Your Own Review